Upon completion, send forms to Foundation Office, mail station 7. Please call Dee at 760.795.6645 with any questions. Thank you.
- Enjoy the convenience and gratification of having your charitable giving deducted from your monthly pay.
- You choose the MiraCosta program, activity or scholarship that will benefit from your contributions.
- Your ongoing support adds up over time and makes an immeasurable positive impact.
- Necessary to verify compliance with federal and state guidelines for payment to individuals for services. Submit completed form prior to work being performed.
- Complete the attached form and have account manager sign the request
- Complete form and specify if money is a gift or non-gift. (Examples of non-gifts include membership dues, ticket or raffle sales, loan repayments)
- Non-gifts may be deposited as a lump sum. Account managers should keep records of the individuals who paid such fees, if they will need this information.
- Gifts are acknowledged with Thank-You letters from the Foundation director. If the gift is from a business or organization, please provide the contact person's name.
- Non-cash gifts donated for use by the college are received by the Foundation.
- Provide the information and necessary signatures to establish acceptance of gift and verify its usefulness and desirability in fulfilling the purpose of the college.
- The donation will be acknowledged by the Foundation with a Thank-You letter that will serve as the donor's gift receipt.
- Establish an account within the MiraCosta College Foundation.
Why does the Foundation Assess Administrative Fees?
Donors will be interested to know that 96 percent of their gift will be used for charitable purposes as designated. Fundraising costs such as salaries, office operations, and appeals are paid for by the MiraCosta Community College District.
To cover the cost of business operations, such as the acceptance and acknowledgment of charitable gifts and the management of donor funds, the foundation charges a 4 perecent transaction fee (assessed only on expenditures) and a 1.5 percent endowment management fee. The purpose of these fees is to establish a revenue stream that will eventually allow the foundation to be self-sustaining in its business operations. Here is a list of the services we provide:
- Accounts payable processing
- Accounts receivable processing
- Annual audit
- Annual state and federal filing fees for nonprofit organization
- Automated accounting
- Billing and collection services
- Check preparation
- Contract preparation and review
- Expenditure controls (authorized purchase through purchase order control)
- Banking services
- General cash administration
- Insurance costs
- Legal services
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Payroll/personnel administration
- Project management reports
- Risk management
- Staff support and accounting related matters