Upon completion, send forms to Foundation Office, mail station 7. Please call Dee at ext. 6645 with any questions. Thank you.
Payroll Deduction Authorization Form
- Enjoy the convenience and gratification of having your charitable giving deducted from your monthly pay.
- You choose the MiraCosta program, activity or scholarship that will benefit from your contributions.
- Your ongoing support adds up over time, and makes an immeasurable positive impact.
Check Request Form
Scholarship Verification Form
- Complete the attached form and have account manager sign the request. Indicate mailing address for check, if applicable.
- For reimbursements original receipts must be presented with the check request.
- Advances prior to purchase are approved on a case by case basis. Complete the Cash Advance Agreement and submit with the check request.
- If the request is for scholarship funds, please complete and submit the Scholarship / Award Verification Form.
- Checks are printed on Fridays before the end of the business day. Signed, completed request forms submitted by 4:30 p.m. on Tuesdays will be included in Friday's check run.
Independent Contractor Agreement (PDF)
- Necessary to verify compliance with federal and state guidelines for payment to individuals for services. Submit completed form prior to work being performed.
Foundation Transfer Request Form (PDF)
- Complete the attached form and have account manager sign the request.
Deposit Form (PDF)
- Complete form and specify if money is a gift or non-gift. (Examples of non-gifts include membership dues, ticket or raffle sales, loan repayments)
- Non-gifts may be deposited as a lump sum. Account managers should keep records of the individuals who paid such fees if they will need this information.
- Gifts are acknowledged with Thank-You letters from the Foundation director. If the gift is from a business or organization, please provide the contact person's name.
Gift-in-Kind Acceptance Form (PDF)
- Non-cash gifts donated for use by the college are received by the Foundation.
- Provide the information and necessary signatures to establish acceptance of gift and verify its usefulness and desirability in fulfilling the purpose of the college.
- The donation will be acknowledged by the Foundation with a Thank-You letter that will serve as the donor's gift receipt.
Account Description Form (PDF)
- Establish an account within the MiraCosta College Foundation.
Upon completion, send forms to Foundation Office, mail station 7. Please call Tori at x6777 with any questions. Thank you.
Why does the Foundation Assess Administrative Fees?
Donors will be interested to know that 96% of their gift will be used for charitable purposes as designated. Fundraising costs such as salaries, office operations and appeals, are paid for by the MiraCosta Community College District.
Faculty and staff want to know why there are any fees at all. Here's why: To cover the cost of business operations, such as the acceptance and acknowledgment of charitable gifts and the management of donor funds, the foundation charges a 4% transaction fee (assessed only on expenditures) and a 1.5% endowment management fee. The purpose of these fees is to establish a revenue stream that will eventually allow the foundation to be self-sustaining in its business operations. Here is a list of the services we provide:
- Accounts payable processing
- Accounts receivable processing
- Annual audit
- Annual State and Federal filing fees for non-profit organization
- Automated accounting
- Billing and collection services
- Check preparation
- Contract preparation and review
- Expenditure controls (authorized purchase through purchase order control)
- Banking services
- General cash administration
- Insurance costs
- Legal services
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Payroll/personnel administration
- Project management reports
- Risk management
- Staff support and accounting related matters
Innovation Grants 2017-18
It is our pleasure to announce that this year the MiraCosta College Foundation will be awarding $30,000 in innovation grants to faculty, staff and sponsored students. We accept individual grant applications for amount up to $3,000. We have had the privilege of funding some really outstanding projects in year past and we are looking forward to seeing how we might be able to assist your efforts to increase student success this year.
This year’s grant focus: projects that encourage Student Success.
Submitting an Application
It is always helpful when submitting an application if you have some indication as to how they will be evaluated. This is what the committee will be looking for:
- Programs or purchases that enhance student learning
- The number of students impacted
- The need of students who will benefit from the effort, and
- If applicable, the ability of the program or purchase to help expand our reach into the community
- If you are requesting food or free items for students (such as food and T-shirts) please put this requests in context of the entire program/ academic objective and explain why funding food and T-shirts is critical to the overall success of the program.
Here are some examples of what is unlikely to be funded:
- Requests for fund an individual’s professional development
- Facility enhancements