It is our pleasure to announce that this year the MiraCosta College Foundation will be awarding $30,000 in mini-grants to faculty, staff and sponsored students. We accept individual grant applications for amounts up to $3,000. We have had the privilege of funding some really outstanding projects in years past and we are looking forward to seeing how we might be able to assist your efforts to increase student success this year.
This year’s grant focus: projects that encourage Student Success.
- September 1, 2015: Announce mini-grant application cycle
- Friday, September 25, 2015: Due date for mini-grant applications
- Week of October 12, 2015: Mini-grant committee meets to decide awardees
- Monday, October 19, 2015: Mini-grants awarded
Submitting an Application
It is always helpful when submitting an application if you have some indication as to how they will be evaluated. This is what the committee will be looking for:
- Programs or purchases that enhance student learning
- The number of students impacted
- The need of students who will benefit from the effort, and
- If applicable, the ability of the program or purchase to help expand our reach into the community
- If you are requesting food or free items for students (such as food and T-shirts) please put this requests in context of the entire program/ academic objective and explain why funding food and T-shirts is critical to the overall success of the program.
Here are some examples of what is unlikely to be funded:
- Requests for fund an individual’s professional development
- Facility enhancements
- When submitting a mini-grant application make sure to include the coversheet, a detailed description of the mini-grant guidelines, and an application form.
- Please note that if you are requesting funds to hire staff or purchase technology; your request must have the appropriate signatures.
- Contact Linda Fogerson at 760.795.6775 with any questions.