MiraCosta College serves veterans.
While commending their service, our nation is struggling to meet the burgeoning needs of its veterans. Those who have seen recent wartime duty as well as those coming through the Marine Corps' accelerated discharge program are finding themselves stranded between military and civilian life without the support they need. At MiraCosta, we believe that it is our responsibility, especially as a college that sits adjacent to the Marine Corps' largest west coast base, to honor our veterans' service not just in words but in deeds.
MiraCosta College is answering the call by providing veterans the education and programs they need to successfully adjust to post-military life.
- A Veterans Benefits Services Office where students are aided in applying for educational benefits and in academic planning
- Augmented and specialized counseling in the areas of mental health, especially PTSD and traumatic brain injury.
- Student-led Veterans Club
- A dedicated Veterans' Information Center that provides a place for veterans to go for free computer access and for socializing, respite and most importantly, peer support
- An emergency loan program to meet critical needs such as food, transportation or housing for students facing temporary financial hardship.
How a Specific Dollar Amount Can Help a Student
A gift of:
- $150 purchases a textbook
- $750 pays fees for one semester
- $1,250 pays for textbooks for one year
- $3,500 pays fees and textbooks for one year
- $15,000 endows a one-semester scholarship - $500 for a MiraCosta College student every year, forever
- $25,000 endows a full-year scholarship - $1,000 for a MiraCosta College student every year, forever