For over 40 years, the MiraCosta College Foundation, in partnership with our generous community, has supported students by funding their pursuits toward a higher education, and providing the resources to help guide them toward success.
The vision of the MiraCosta College Foundation is to ensure that no one is denied access to education because of financial need and that resources are available to enrich the college experience for all students. In service to this vision, our mission is to promote the interests and welfare of the college and to secure resources that will transform student lives.
We carry out our mission by:
- Clearly communicating the link between funds raised, campus needs, and student success.
- Increasing fundraising annually to keep pace with student needs and educational excellence goals.
- Being an engaged, cooperative, and trusted partner with the college, trustees, donors, and community at large.
The MiraCosta Community College District has established the Office of Development to provide administration for the Foundation and carry out the fundraising and alumni/community outreach functions of the College.
The scope of our responsibility includes:
- working with the campus community to determine institutional fundraising goals;
- coordinating, managing, and implementing college fundraising efforts and
- building a community of alumni and friends.
The MiraCosta College Foundation is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation created to serve the District. The Foundation's role is to accept and steward gifts and grants donated for the benefit of the District and to actively assist the District in fundraising activities, and the District's role is to initiate and implement the fundraising and alumni/community outreach functions of the District.
Through the generosity of donors, during the FY2019-20 academic year:
- Provided over $1,013,784 to scholarship funding and direct student aid, enabling students to be assisted with the cost of college, including scholarships, books, and online support.
- 1,731 students received emergency assistance to aid them in their need for food, shelter, and academic resources.
- 1,163 students received scholarship awards.
- Provided over $557,144 to the college in accordance with donor wishes and at the direction of the Board of Directors for academic programs and campus activities.