Statement of Adherence to Confidentiality
The MiraCosta College Foundation and ___________ (“Volunteer”) enter into this agreement regarding the protection and security of the information supplied to Volunteer from MiraCosta College’s database of alumni and friends (“data”).
The MiraCosta College Foundation grants Volunteer access to the data solely for the purpose of assisting the college in identifying, qualifying and cultivating potential donors to the college.
In performing the Volunteer Activity for the MiraCosta College Foundation, Volunteer agrees:
1. The data is proprietary information and the exclusive property of the MiraCosta College Foundation and MiraCosta College.
2. Volunteer will use the data solely for performance of the Volunteer Activity.
3. Volunteer will exercise all reasonable precautions to assure that the data is held in strict confidence.
4. Volunteer will not disclose the data to any third party (including other alumni volunteers) without prior written consent of the MiraCosta College Foundation unless the third party has also entered into an “Agreement for the Protection of Proprietary Information” with the MiraCosta College Foundation.
5. Volunteer will exercise all reasonable precautions to prevent loss, theft, compromise or misuse of the data.
6. Immediately upon completion of performance of the Volunteer Activity, Volunteer will destroy the data.
7. Volunteer will not retain any copy or copies of the data once the Volunteer Activity has been performed or completed.
8. If Volunteer is required to disclose any data pursuant to legal process, Volunteer shall notify the MiraCosta College Foundation before disclosing the data in order to allow the College to seek an appropriate remedy to protect the data.
All requests for the MiraCosta College Foundation authorization, consent or permission pursuant to this agreement should be addressed to MiraCosta College’s Vice President, Institutional Advancement at 760-795-6775 or email@example.com. No such authorization, consent or permission is valid unless signed by the executive director of the MiraCosta College Foundation.
Volunteer Signature: Date: