For over 40 years, the MiraCosta College Foundation, in partnership with our generous community, has supported students by funding their pursuits toward a higher education, and providing the resources to help guide them toward success.
The vision of the MiraCosta College Foundation is to ensure educational opportunties for all. In service to this vision, our mission is to promote the benefits of the college and to secure resources that will transformlives.
We carry out our mission by:
- Clearly communicating the link between funds raised, campus needs, and student success.
- Increasing fundraising annually to keep pace with student needs and educational excellence goals.
- Being an engaged, cooperative, and trusted partner with the college, trustees, donors, and community at large.
The MiraCosta Community College District has established the Office of Development to provide administration for the Foundation and carry out the fundraising and alumni/community outreach functions of the College.
The scope of our responsibility includes:
- working with the campus community to determine institutional fundraising goals;
- coordinating, managing, and implementing college fundraising efforts and
- building a community of alumni and friends.
The MiraCosta College Foundation is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation created to serve the District. The Foundation's role is to accept and steward gifts and grants donated for the benefit of the District and to actively assist the District in fundraising activities, and the District's role is to initiate and implement the fundraising and alumni/community outreach functions of the District.
Through the generosity of donors, during the FY2020-21 academic year:
- Provided over $145,476 in direct student aid, enabling students to be assisted with the cost of college, including emergency grants, textbooks, food, and online support.
- Awarded $442,077 in scholarship support to aid in the success of MiraCosta College students.