Veterans have made unprecedented sacrifices for our freedom. Now is the chance we can give back and honor their service.
Too often our servicemembers find themselves stranded between military and civilian life without the support they need. Veterans exiting the military have challenging re-entry experiences and without the proper support many end up jobless. Statistics show that California has the highest number of homeless veterans, as well as one of the highest rates of unemployed veterans in the nation. With your help, we can change that.
A degree can be a bridge between employers and veterans
Recognizing the path to a secure and stable future is through education, MiraCosta is proud of the critical support that we provide our veterans. For veterans transitioning to civilian life, community colleges offer 100 percent acceptance, affordable tuition and fees, integrated with a personalized approach to re-entry options.
How We Help
Located just a few miles from Marine Corps Base Camp Pendleton, MiraCosta College prides itself on serving more than 2,600 active-duty military and their families as they transition into civilian life and advance in their careers. Our veterans’ programs include:
- Military and Veterans Services, where students are aided in applying for educational benefits and academic planning
- Student-led Veterans Club
- Veterans’ Information Center that provides free computer access and a safe space for socializing, respite, and most importantly, peer support
- Emergency loan program to meet critical needs such as food, transportation, or housing for students facing financial hardship
- Southern California’s only Veteran Business Outreach Center (VBOC) that provides free services to help veterans and their spouses establish and grow their businesses
Our veterans have made huge sacrifices to keep us safe. Paying for and completing college shouldn’t be one of them. Your donation will ensure that San Diego veterans have the resources they need to get a degree and pursue a successful career.
Your tax-deductible gift can help:
- $175 – Cover the cost of a textbook
- $700 – Pay fees for one semester
- $1,650 – Cover all textbooks for one year
- $3,000 – Pay for all fees and textbooks for one year
- $25,000 – Endow a scholarship every year, forever